Leonard Orr passed away on Sept. 5, 2019. He was the Founder of Rebirthing Breathwork, Spiritual Psychology and a key figure in the modern Breathwork movement. He was a Beloved Teacher and Master Breathworker. He offered trainings all over the world and taught numerous founders of many modern Breathwork movements. He was a wealth of knowledge in the fields of Rebirthing, Personal Mastery and Ancient Vedic Teachings.
He authored over 30 books in ten languages and studied with immortal yogis. He learned spiritual purification from Babaji of Haidakhan, India. Leonard is one of the originators and elders of what we term today “the New Age movement” and was considered by many to be a “modern day mystic”.
His life’s work carries on through his wife, Elvi Orr, his colleagues and his direct students. See www.rebirthingbreathwork.com
Leonard writes about Rebirthing Breathwork:
1. Rebirthing-Breathwork, also known as Intuitive Energy Breathing or Conscious Energy Breathing, is the ability to breathe Energy as well as air. It is the art of learning to breathe from the Breath Itself. Rebirthing is perhaps the most valuable self-healing ability that humans can learn. We can not have disease and relaxation in the same space at the same time. Relaxation is the ultimate healer. Every breath induces relaxation. Therefore, breathing is the basic healer. Conscious Energy Breathing is the most natural healing ability of all. This ability involves merging the inhale with the exhale in a gentle relaxed rhythm in an intuitive way that floods the body with Divine Energy.
2. Rebirthing also means to unravel the birth-death cycle and to incorporate the body and mind into the conscious Life of the Eternal Spirit – to become a conscious expression of the Eternal Spirit. This involves healing ‘The Biggies’ of human trauma, some of which are the birth trauma, the parental disapproval syndrome, the unconscious death urge, karma from past lives, the religion trauma, the school trauma, senility and sexual and physical abuse, etc.
Rebirthing, as I teach it, is a very important spiritual work involving a series of Conscious Intuitive Energy Breathing cycles that give people more health, happiness, success, and peace of mind. Watching Divine Energy move in our own body and mind is very magical, mystical, and miraculous. I never cease to be amazed by this work because it is the essence of Life Itself. Most people learn Rebirthing—Conscious Breathing—in a very high-quality way by receiving 10 two hour private sessions from a well trained Rebirther Breathworker.”
Benefits of Breathwork
- Reduces stress and increases energy, aliveness, and sense of well-being.
- Releases toxins from the cells of the body: 70% of toxins are released through the breath itself, so when you breathe more you release more!
- Allows old emotions, memories and past traumas to arise and release in a safe and gentle way.
- Accesses and transforms the source of dis-ease by understanding the underlying thoughts and beliefs systems that attracted the dis-ease.
- Unravels relationship/intimacy issues and supports one to embrace and heal old wounds of abandonment, loss, and rejection Increases flow, ease, joy, and pleasure in life and relationships.
- Accesses expanded states of consciousness, including higher guidance and clarity about one’s path and life purpose. Increases one’s experience of inner peace & surrender.
- Allows a feeling of being connected to, and caring for yourself, the earth, and all beings.
- Transcends the mind and emotions and supports the awakening to the truth of who you really are and much more!
Truth, Simplicity and Love is Shri Babaji‘s timeless message for humankind. He gave us this Sadhana, which includes Karma Yoga, Meditation, Devotional Singing and Harmonious Living. Bhole Baba Ki Jai! Jai MahaMaya Ki Jai! Om Namah Shivaya!